The Superintendent position reports to the Field Manager. This position is responsible for the production of roof installations on the field and helping crews complete work with perfect reviews and inspections.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepares/utilizes Company Cam folders for job progress, completion and SCSH pictures;
- Coordinates the logistics of materials, forklift, dumpster & all tools/equipment needed for the job;
- Promotes the daily practice of all OSHA safety standards;
- Communicates job scope to subcontractors to ensure contracted project accuracy;
- Understands all residential roofing installation procedures and materials;
- Works with manufacturer representatives and field inspectors to gain additional knowledge;
- Finds solution to installation issues using manufacturer field installation guides and approved details;
- Meets with Production Coordinator to get crew production schedule to maximize production and quality;
- Meet subcontractors on site prior to job start to review project requirements and pay sheet;
- Greets customer/owner/tenant in a courteous and professional manner;
- Greets supplier for every delivery to check material order and properly store/load materials on the job;
- Schedules subcontractors and materials according to the flow of the project;
- Aides and coordinates in the removal of all extra materials and equipment upon project completion;
- Coordinates on-site set-up and clean-up;
- Organizes the back-office shop for production to easily find inventory items stored;
- Completes Final Roof Inspection Report for every project;
- Assists with transporting full trailers to the dump for emptying, as needed and as directed to by Field Manager
- Obtains I Love My Roof photo, Google/Facebook review with name in it, and/or lead(s) from customers;
- Attends morning Production Meetings to review current projects and/or go backs with the Tear Off Division team to ensure important information is communicated properly;
- Coordinates scheduling of routine maintenance and/or repairs needed on the Monarch truck you are assigned.
- Keeps up with jobsite materials to ensure proper amount is on site for job completion;
- Schedule crew go backs
Qualities, Characteristics, Aptitude:
- Experience in roofing and/or construction
- Team player orientation.
- Ability to interface with all levels within the organization and external parties.
- High degree of confidentiality required.
- Efficient work ethics.
- Advance in training and certified with GAF (shingles/low slope) and Mule-Hide EPDM.
- Must be a self-starter, goal oriented, cooperative, and have a high energy level.
- Must be organized and systematic in work.
- Fluent ability to operate different phone application.
- Precise in communication properly in way all can understood clearly.
- Strong work ethics.
- Positive, Polite.
Physical Abilities and Working Conditions:
The majority of the Superintendent work will be done at Job Sites. Superintendents will be exposed to varying temperatures ranges from heat 90 degrees plus, to cold weather which could include temperatures in the teens, and rainy conditions. The Superintendent must be able to lift/move up to 70 pounds frequently and may perform tasks requiring climbing, crawling, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, gripping and moving safely over uneven surfaces. Superintendents are expected to safely climb ladders reaching up to 60 ft while carrying up to 30 pounds and wear personal protective gear correctly.